European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Legislation
In the course of operating the website currently located at on2net.biz (“ON2net”) and providing information and services, we may collect, use, disclose and hold information about an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”).
“Direct Marketing Information” means marketing or promotional information about our services or products, or the services or products of other companies carefully selected by us;
“Employer” means the company or other organisation that employs or engages you (whether as a contractor, consultant or otherwise) and who wishes you to have access to the ON2net as a Member;
“Member” means a person who has registered as a member of the ON2net;
“Visitor” means a person who uses or browses the ON2net and who is not a Member; and
“we” or “our” or “us” means TakeON! (NZ) Limited.
Visiting the ON2net
1. If you are a Visitor or Member, during your visit to the ON2net we may collect statistical data about your visit, such as the date, time and length of your visit, the URLs or addresses of the website pages you visit, the operating system, browser, each engine and IP address used by the computer you are using to connect to the internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet. This information may be collected by third party software operating on the ON2net.
2. We may use and disclose such statistical data for the following purposes:
(a) to measure the effectiveness of any advertising on the ON2net;
(b) to identify user behaviour and user trends on the ON2net; and
(c) to maintain and optimise the technical performance, operation and security of the ON2net.
3. We may disclose such statistical data to others, including our implementation partners, your Employer (if applicable) and Members, but only on an aggregated basis and in a way that ensures that no individual is able to be identified from such data.
4. We will not use Personal Information collected by us or the ON2net to send or email Direct Marketing Information to you, unless you have expressly asked us to send Direct Marketing Information to you. If you have asked us to send to you Direct Marketing Information, and you later decide that you do not want us to send you any further Direct Marketing Information, you may contact us at any time to request that we stop sending you such information. You may either contact our Privacy Officer (see clause 18 below) or use the “Unsubscribe” facility at the bottom of any Direct Marketing Information email or communication that we send you.
5. During the process of becoming a Member, and during the process of you or your Employer entering into any agreement with us to provide materials or services, we will be provided with Personal Information, for example, your name, address, email address, phone numbers, and credit card details. We may also collect other Personal Information about you during the course of your use of the ON2net, or during the course of providing you or your Employer with information, materials or services, either directly from you or from third parties.
6. If we are not provided with the information requested by us or the ON2net, we may be unable to provide services, materials or information to you or your Employer.
7. If you are a Member, or apply to be a Member, we will use, disclose and hold such Personal Information for the purposes of:
(a) establishing and maintaining your membership with us;
(b) providing information, services and resources in accordance with any subscription agreement you or your Employer may enter into with us;
(c) keeping our business partners, contractors and stakeholders involved with the ON2net, or in our business, informed about the operations of the ON2net and our business;
(d) contacting you or your Employer about your or its subscription, your or its account or the services or information we provide to you or your Employer;
(e) arranging billing, payment, credit checks and verifying your identity (including by providing your name and credit card details to any bank or payment verification system for the purposes of processing payment for any of our services and products);
(f) gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer services;
(g) providing technical support and administration;
(h) maintaining our records;
(i ) addressing feedback or complaints and resolving disputes;
(j) sending you Direct Marketing Information, if you have expressly asked us to;
(k) marketing our products globally (using non-identifiable testimonials and any other supporting comments from Members); and
(l) any other purpose specified in any subscription terms or other agreement accepted by you or your Employer.
8. We may also publish Personal Information contained in any submission to any on-line forum that we may make available on the ON2net. You should not submit to any on-line forums any Personal Information that you do not want published.
Disclosing Personal Information to third parties
10. We will not sell your Personal Information to direct marketers.
11. We will not use your Personal Information, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, except:
(a) to the extent reasonably necessary to achieve any of the purposes described in clauses 1 to 8; or
(b) where we reasonably believe that such use or disclosure is required or expressly permitted under any applicable law.
12. We will not hold your Personal Information for longer than is reasonably required for the purposes for which we may lawfully use that Personal Information.
Your rights to access and correct Personal Information
13. Where we hold Personal Information about you, you have a right to access and correct that Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand). If you want to view, access, delete or correct your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer (see clause 18 below) and he/she will tell you how to make a request.
14. We will use all reasonable endeavours to effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard the Personal Information we hold from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. However, as the internet is an open network, we do not warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information is safe from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, either during transmission to or from the ON2net, or when held by us.
15. Other websites that are linked to the ON2net may have privacy policies that govern the use of information collected by those other websites. We are not responsible for any information collected by those other websites, or the privacy or data protection practices of the operators of those other websites.
Contacting us or our Privacy Officer
18. If you:
(b) want to view, access, delete or correct any Personal Information we hold about you; or
(c) want us to stop sending you Direct Marketing Information,
please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org